Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Writer's Winter Night

Breathing in and holding that sharp, crisp air in my lungs,
Letting go and seeing the fogginess of my breath trickling behind me
Taking steps forward and seeing my footprints,
The shape of my shoes buried deep in blank, white snow
Walking alone in the dark
In the silence that has been unbroken for years
Looking down at the grey cement sprinkled with frosty snowflakes
And noticing the multicolored light coming from screens
Cold on the outside but warm on the inside
Surrealistic nature like hot chocolate on a cold winter day
The night is sweet with a golden silence and glowing ambiance
My eyes taking in every sight with a child's delight
The white snow so fluffy and light
Almost fantasy-like and unreal
Yet there is nothing fictitious about this scene
The beauty of a writer's winter night

2 comments: